Friday, October 12, 2007

Just Say No?

One of the things I like about myself is that I have the ability to say, "No." Most people I know struggle with setting personal limits and feel overwhelmed by all their commitments. Fortunately, I learned a very long time ago how to say "no" to certain things so that I am free to say "yes" to other opportunities. And I don't feel guilty about it, although sometimes I do feel guilty that I don't feel guilty...

This week, I had to say "no" to someone special to me about something I find really important. I received a call Tuesday night from my aunt in Kalamazoo. She was in a panic because the children's pastor at her church abruptly resigned and cleaned out her office. Knowing my education, experience, and calling, she called wondering if I would be available short-term to guide the church through the transition. And although I know that there is no way I could have made it work, I feel awful about it.

End of post. Read next.

No comments: