Friday, May 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Jersey!

I can't believe I did this, but I actually bought Jersey a birthday present. Don't worry, I haven't gone so far over the edge that I expect anyone else to acknowledge my dog's birthday.


To commemorate his very big day, we gave him a bath this morning. He actually was pretty good today - he didn't drink the soap or sit as I was trying to wash his behind. And he waited until I closed the shower curtain to shake. So, good dog! But it still took almost an hour to dry him! Fortunately, he stood up while I was drying his fur. He usually sits, and ends up with a funky cowlick on his rear from his fur drying like that. So, pretty dog, too!


He also got to visit the vet today, and have blood drawn to test for heartworm. He kept still (well, his tail was going a mile a minute, but that didn't matter!) He didn't even flinch when the tech had to stick him a second time and a third time. Apparently, he has tough veins, and they still only got about 4 drops of blood. I would say poor guy, but I'm not even sure he noticed.


Here's Jersey at 1 year old, enjoying his new red blanket that is all his own!

No comments: