Thursday, November 15, 2007

What God can do in three months...

I'm trying to write a profound post here about how faithful God is, and how He moves in incredible ways we can't even begin to imagine. But all I can think right now is "Woo-hoo!"

We have been attending Lowell Church of the Nazarene for about five months now, and the Board this week approved hiring me as the new Children's Pastor. That's less time than it took for First Church to offer me the position after I applied. Considering that the current Director was slated to be in her position for another two years, the timing of all of this is incredible!

Several weeks ago, Stephen and I were talking about how much we love the kids at our church already. Although we attended Kentwood Community for 11 months, and volunteered in children's ministry for 9 of those, we never felt a connection to the kids. After teaching for two weeks here, we were hooked. So, I can't wait to dig in and do everything I can to help these kids (and more) come to love God, and seek Him everyday.

In the meantime, I will have fun writing introduction letters, designing a ministry brochure, and dreaming of what God will do next!

No comments: